Department of International Relations is the oldest Department in the
field of International Relations in Pakistan. It was established in
1958 and has the honor of offering Honors, Master's, M.Phil and Ph.D.
programs. Prior to its formation, the Department was under General History
Department and Professor Dr. Mahmud Hussain was its founding Chairman.
Dr. Muhammed Ahsan Chaudhry succeeded Dr. Mahmud Hussain as the Chairman
of the Department. He was followed by Dr. Ahmed Abdul Kadeer, Dr. Mujtaba
Razvi, Professor Shameem Akhtar, Professor Talat A. Wizarat, Professor
Syed Sikander Mehdi and Dr. Khalida Ghous, Prof. Dr. Talat A. Wizarat,
Professor Dr. Moonis Ahmar. Currently, Professor Dr. Shaista Tabassum
is the Chairperson of the Department. The Department has a faculty of
11 full time and 2 part-time teachers and 450 students are studying
at the undergraduate and graduate level. Department also run an evening
program, where courses for BS and Masters in International Relations
its inception, the Department of International Relations has been active
in organizing seminars, conferences and workshops. A number of books
have also been published under the Department and several Research Projects
funded by foreign foundations are presently being run by its faculty
members. The syllabus of the Department was revised in 1998 and new
courses focussing on the conceptual and regional studies have been offered.
At present The Department is running four programs in morning and evening shifts.